Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Stars and Rainbows

Starflower,

Your favorite song is "Child 'o God" (I am a Child of God). You love to watch the video and you love me singing it to you over and over and over. I love that song too but have been wishing you would let me sing some others as well as I sing you to sleep. However you have very adamantly refused any other songs for bedtime. 
      Tonight you once again became very angry when I started to hum a different tune.  "Don't you like any other songs?" I asked. "No! Child o' God!" You yelledThis time I had an idea.  Don't you like the song about your Northalynn star?"  "Mm-hmm"  and you let me sing I am Like a Star Shining Brightly.  When I finished you said "My star song again" a few times in a row.  Becoming braver I tried to sing another song but once again you loudly refused.  "What about a song about rainbows?" "Yes" Another success. I sang "I Like to Look for Rainbows"  several times and you told me when to sing "wainbow" and when to sing "My star song."  I tried a few times to convince you to let me add in some other songs, but those were the only two that you wanted. 

I love you,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment