Monday, November 25, 2013

The Four Gospels

Morning Glory,

Since you finished your goal of reading the Book of Mormon before you were 12 so early, you have been thinking about what to study in the mornings before you go to school.  It has been fun to notice the different things you have chosen to do for your study time in the last few weeks.

This morning, I woke up early to find you studying the New Testament.  As I sat down next to you, you expressed how you had been reading through the different Gospel accounts looking for the ones that share about Jesus' birth and you asked me where my special book was (that has the four Gospels in chronological harmony and parallel columns. . .It is a really fun book I kept from my New Testament Class in College). 

When I brought it to you, I really enjoyed your interest as you looked through it and we talked about some of the different perspectives and different stories emphasized by each of those four writers.  You asked where you could get your own copy of a book like that and told me about your new goal to study the New Testament until Christmas.

I love that "special book" too and have enjoyed using it as a supplement to help me understand the New Testament better.  It was fun to have you interested and sharing  that interest with me. I love the stories written about Jesus.

I wish you the best in your new goal!!  Thanks for sharing it with me this morning!!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment